N ot all financial advisers are the same, or offer the same specialisms or approach to their clients.
Centurion Wealth Care has been established by a group of experienced, highly qualified individuals to support and advise those clients who – because of their circumstances - might be considered “vulnerable” or more susceptible than most to poor financial advice or bad practice.
This might be because their capacity or understanding might be compromised in some way – including those who have suffered shock or stress. We believe that everyone deserves fair treatment.
While we are a general practice, we specialise in advising personal financial planning and Independent Financial Advice services for client groups such as:
- Those in later life
- People with special needs resulting from a learning or physical difficulty and anyone who wants to make financial provision for someone in that position
- Claimants and recipients of compensation awards resulting from a personal injury or medical accident and legal advisers acting on their behalf
- Attorneys and Deputies managing the financial affairs of people who lack capacity under the supervision of the Court of Protection
- Anyone who has suffered a change in their financial position as a result of bereavement, illness, disability, divorce, redundancy or other life changing event
- Trustees of all forms of trust, particularly those which are established for the benefit of people in the above client groups
We also act for a number of clients who don’t fall into any of these categories but simply want an adviser who they trust to assist in managing their affairs.
In February 2015, the Financial Conduct Authority (“FCA”) identified the fact that many consumers in what they described as “vulnerable” circumstances were not receiving fair treatment from financial services providers.
We do not describe our clients as “vulnerable” because we believe this term can be misconstrued or interpreted as impolite. But, in the parlance of the FCA, a “Vulnerable Consumer” was defined as “someone who, due to their personal circumstances, is especially susceptible to detriment, particularly when a firm is not acting with appropriate levels of care”.
Our firm has been specifically established to provide specialist, flexible and tailored services to meet the needs of those clients.
Our approach is always the same: to understand the often very complex (and sometimes distressing) needs of our clients and then act on behalf of their very best interests.
It’s an approach based on our personal as well as our professional experience… as you will discover in the section “About Us”.
The value of an investment and the income from it could go down as well as up. The return at the end of the investment period is not guaranteed and you may get back less than you originally invested.
The Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) is an agency for arbitrating on unresolved complaints between regulated firms and their clients. Full details of the FOS can be found on its website at www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk